Being and Such

 
Feed the Fish
Current Projects:
  • Blogging
  • Preparing for Graduate School
  • Researching how to get published!
  • Planning an awesome trip to Europe
  • Eating brains
Blog Better!
I am a self-taugh blogger. You can be too! Here are some sites I use regularly to help me hit that post button with confidence!
Friend's Projects!
This is where I showcase all the cool things my friends are doing! Our current feature is Ali Sabin! Feel free to visit her site: AliSabin Designs
In the News
Remembered: March 1st, 2009
Monday, March 1, 2010
This is the only day I will post after Dad's passing. Not because there is nothing to say, quite the opposite, but because when I envisioned this project Dad was the focus. I have enjoyed posting these memories in ways I never thought possible. Not only was I able to process what happened, but I was also able to have conversations that might not have occurred otherwise. That makes all this worth it.

As the snow covered the ground and others celebrated, I mourned. I made final plans, and I tried not to throw up on anyone. The reality of my loss had made my body rebel against the world in strange and uncomfortable ways. I was surrounded by people, but still felt endlessly alone. The comfort people tried to provide sometimes stung since I knew they were thankful it wasn't them. They didn't have to pick a casket in a cold, empty room. They didn't have to tell those too far away to come the sad news. They didn't have to write a eulogy. They didn't have to bury their Dad.

But, I also discovered something that only appears in situations like this: the true love of your family. While other disappointed with their human errs, others shined like stars. And I am thankful for them all. You are made up of everything you encounter, good and bad. All that matters is if at the end of it, you can look yourself in the mirror.

I am proud of what I did for my Dad. His final gift to me, was showing me that no matter what happens in my life, I made a difference to at least one person on this earth. I was my Dad's person, I guided him through his last days with laughter and love. I said all those things you forget to tell your parents, or can't because they are so crazy.
posted by VCooper @ 9:49 AM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
About Me

Name: VCooper
Home: Bogart, Ga, United States
About Me: I am an aspiring writer
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

© Being and Such .Blogger Templates by Isnaini and Cool Cars Pictures