Being and Such

 
Feed the Fish
Current Projects:
  • Blogging
  • Preparing for Graduate School
  • Researching how to get published!
  • Planning an awesome trip to Europe
  • Eating brains
Blog Better!
I am a self-taugh blogger. You can be too! Here are some sites I use regularly to help me hit that post button with confidence!
Friend's Projects!
This is where I showcase all the cool things my friends are doing! Our current feature is Ali Sabin! Feel free to visit her site: AliSabin Designs
In the News
What I'm Reading Now
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
It's no secret that I love to read. Give me a good book and a comfy couch and I am good to go, no Snuggie required. What have I been reading lately?

Wake by Lisa McMann



Disclaimer: This is a trilogy. The third book was released February 2010, so you can go buy them all now.

Be prepared for this book to start off slow. You immediately discover what Janie feels like when she "enters" a person's dream, but initially it isn't terribly exciting. In fact, her gift doesn't seem to be as exciting as other special characters in the genre are. That doesn't mean the book isn't good. So what is the focus, the love story of course!

Keep in mind thatlike many popular characters of this genre, they are in high school. That means you do encounter the occasional cliche banter that made my eyes melt away from the page. But, if you look past that, the characters are quite good.

Janie's love interest, Cabel is a more interesting character than most. There are cute little tidbits throughout the book that make you fall for him. Of course, the author does play with his motives and make you question him. But in the end, your left satisfied and smiling!

The best part about this book is the tone behind the story. It's about not being helpless despite daunting obstacles, and being willing to take on the burden of others. All in all, a great start to the series.
posted by VCooper @ 2:36 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
About Me

Name: VCooper
Home: Bogart, Ga, United States
About Me: I am an aspiring writer
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

© Being and Such .Blogger Templates by Isnaini and Cool Cars Pictures