Being and Such

 
Feed the Fish
Current Projects:
  • Blogging
  • Preparing for Graduate School
  • Researching how to get published!
  • Planning an awesome trip to Europe
  • Eating brains
Blog Better!
I am a self-taugh blogger. You can be too! Here are some sites I use regularly to help me hit that post button with confidence!
Friend's Projects!
This is where I showcase all the cool things my friends are doing! Our current feature is Ali Sabin! Feel free to visit her site: AliSabin Designs
In the News
101 Songs You've Never Heard Before!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Everywhere I go by Lissie

This is one of those songs that you picture yourself hearing at a pivotal moment in your life. Some songs have that affect, intended or not, and they are the ones I enjoy most. Maybe it's because it's rare for a song to have that effect on me, or maybe its because we all share our suffering on some level. If I am one of those people whose life flashes before my eyes before I die, this song will be in that soundtrack.
Maybe I give music too much power in my life.
But listen to this refrain:

Angels will call on me,
and take me to my home.

The words themselves are hopeful, accepting of the inevitable.
But Lissie's voice, how can you not be stirred?
By the end of the song, she is also shouting this same refrain at you.
Begging you to see the reality of her truth.
And I buy it, every second.
But why else would we listen if not to be moved, touched by a strangers creation?
This song was featured on the last episode of Dollhouse. I have choosen not to post that video, despite how powerful it is, since I don't want to ruin the series for anyone. So instead, I offer you this video.
posted by VCooper @ 1:40 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
About Me

Name: VCooper
Home: Bogart, Ga, United States
About Me: I am an aspiring writer
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

© Being and Such .Blogger Templates by Isnaini and Cool Cars Pictures