Being and Such

 
Feed the Fish
Current Projects:
  • Blogging
  • Preparing for Graduate School
  • Researching how to get published!
  • Planning an awesome trip to Europe
  • Eating brains
Blog Better!
I am a self-taugh blogger. You can be too! Here are some sites I use regularly to help me hit that post button with confidence!
Friend's Projects!
This is where I showcase all the cool things my friends are doing! Our current feature is Ali Sabin! Feel free to visit her site: AliSabin Designs
In the News
Listen Up!
Monday, February 8, 2010

Looking for that good guy voice accompanied with a lovely melody? Then you will love Greg Laswell.


I discovered Greg Laswell when "And the You" was played on Grey's Anatomy. One of my favorite ways to discover music is through television shows. You usually get 15 seconds or less playing the background of some dramatic scene, but that can be enough for me to fall for a song.


Mr Laswell has a deeper voice than you would expect for such soft melodies. "Comes and Goes(In Waves)" is a great example of how well this combination works. In the first few seconds, his voice almost disappears behind the instruments. As the first chorus concludes, his voice begins to dominate all sound. However, he provides only enough power to seduce the mind and drag you into the song. A wonderful four minture experience.


My favorite song is his rendition of "Your Ghost". The song itself is beautiful no matter who sings it, but Greg Laswell's voice brings a bit of magic to it. His intonations bring a sense of true sorrow and a hint that we all have ghosts. I find myself listening to the song over and over again.


Interested in hearing more? You could go to iTunes and pay $.99 a song. Or, you could create a playlist here !
posted by VCooper @ 2:10 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
About Me

Name: VCooper
Home: Bogart, Ga, United States
About Me: I am an aspiring writer
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

© Being and Such .Blogger Templates by Isnaini and Cool Cars Pictures