Being and Such

 
Feed the Fish
Current Projects:
  • Blogging
  • Preparing for Graduate School
  • Researching how to get published!
  • Planning an awesome trip to Europe
  • Eating brains
Blog Better!
I am a self-taugh blogger. You can be too! Here are some sites I use regularly to help me hit that post button with confidence!
Friend's Projects!
This is where I showcase all the cool things my friends are doing! Our current feature is Ali Sabin! Feel free to visit her site: AliSabin Designs
In the News
Remembering: February 15th, 2009
Monday, February 15, 2010


I think this was the only day dad was angry. We sat at dinner with his friend Eric and as dad realized he had no appetite to eat the food before him, he became angry. You could see the bitterness on his face, behind a slight hint of tears. He looked at us and all he saw was life, and he was resentful. This was the only moment I remember my Dad being truly angry with me. And I didn't begrudge him this anger, I would have been too. He scowled at us and made veiled attempts to keep polite conversation. He would have none of my silliness that night, and I didn't push it.

As his anger swelled, he sharpened his tongue and lashed out at my sister. To be fair, that argument/confrontation was a long time coming. My sister and him had never had a great relationship and they relied for too long on me to keep them together. He asked Elizabeth why she never tried, why she waited until it was too late. He never got an answer. At that point though, the answer didn't matter.

As I sat there, playing referee I saw just how weak my Dad had become. Weeks in the hospital and a deteriorating ability to eat had not been kind to him. What I remember most, was his neck. He sat at the kitchen table, beaten by disease, and I could see it. He had lost so much weight, and he was yellow with jaundice. I think after this, I will choose to forget what Dad looked like at that table. This won't be the only image I have to forget.
posted by VCooper @ 10:46 AM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
About Me

Name: VCooper
Home: Bogart, Ga, United States
About Me: I am an aspiring writer
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER

© Being and Such .Blogger Templates by Isnaini and Cool Cars Pictures